Nissan Transmission Fluid Exchange in Downey, CA
For Nissan drivers in the Downey, CA area, Downey Nissan is your number one destination for auto service. We regularly provide service to drivers from Los Angeles, Norwalk, Lynwood, Cerritos, South Gate, Huntington Park, and Bellflower.
Our Factory Certified technicians are kept up-to-date on the latest Nissan standards and information. Our service team knows your Nissan inside and out. We will always uses the best OEM parts and fluids to service and repair your car, truck, or SUV. When you trust us with your vehicle’s routine maintenance or major repairs, you can rest assured we will restore it to exact factory specifications every time.
So if it’s time to have your transmission fluid exchanged, let Downey Nissan be there for you!
5 Signs You Should Have Your Transmission Fluid Changed
Unsure whether or not it’s time to have your transmission serviced?
- Transmission Grinding or Strange Noises - This can also signify that your fluid level is low. With the engine still running, check your transmission fluid level. If it is still adequate, this means you most likely need a transmission flush.
- Problems Shifting Gears -Transmission fluid that contains too much dirt or sludge will cause sluggish responses in the transmission. This can result in your vehicle changing gears too quickly or too late while driving. In a manual vehicle, you may find it very difficult to change gears at all.
- Slipping Gears - In order to stay in the appropriate gear, your transmission needs to develop enough pressure. A dirty transmission may cause lack of hydraulic power. When it is too dirty, contaminants interfere with the flow of transmission.
- Surging of the Vehicle - Because your vehicle’s dirty transmission does not allow for adequate transmission fluid flow, your vehicle may tend to jump forward or fall backward for no good reason.
- Delay in Vehicle Movement - Your vehicle may stall for one or two seconds before moving after having been put in gear.
If it’s time to have the transmission fluid flushed on your Nissan, head on over to Downey Nissan.
Unsure when your last transmission service was or if your vehicle is due for service? Our expert Service Advisors can help! Call us at 888-483-6228, schedule an appointment, or stop by our service drive open 7 days a week.
Transmission Fluid Service Schedule
It is typically recommended to have your transmission serviced every 50,000 - 100,000 miles, depending on the make and model of your vehicle. Check your owner’s manual to see the specific recommended service schedule for your Nissan.
But keep in mind, this is a suggested service time. Never go past your vehicle’s recommended service interval, but know that you may need service sooner than is expected. This can be true if you drive heavily or face extreme driving conditions on a regular basis.
If it is time to have your transmission fluid exchanged, schedule your service with Downey Nissan today! Make an appointment online or give us a call at 888-483-6228. We look forward to earning your business!
Don’t wait to get your transmission fluid system serviced. Putting it off could lead to further damage or even cause your transmission to need to be repolaced. Schedule an appointment today with Downey Nissan! You can book an appointment online, or call our service center to speak with a member of our team directly. We look forward to earning your business!