Nissan Brake Fluid Exchange in Downey, CA
Your Nissan’s brakes are made up of a system of moving parts. All of these components have to move easily in order for your brakes to work as they should and bring your vehicle safely to a stop. Without clean, high-performance brake fluid, your brakes simply wouldn’t work and your safety would be at risk on the road.
Needless to say, your brake fluid is important. And so is the regular service that keeps your brake fluid in good condition and your brakes fully operational.
This service is called a brake fluid flush, or a brake fluid exchange. It entails removing the existing fluid and moisture out of your braking system and replacing it with new, clean, fluid. This ensures proper brake performance and increases the lifespan of your braking components.
Ways to Tell You Need a Brake Fluid Exchange
You should never go past your vehicle’s recommended service interval, but also bear in mind that how often you need service is impacted by how heavily you drive. You may need service sooner than is expected.
Keep an eye out for these warning signs that you are in need of service.
- Do you find yourself pressing the brake pedal all the way down, or almost all the way down to the floor of your car? This is likely caused by low brake fluid.
- Are you pressing the brake pedal two or more times to bring your car to a stop? Again, this is likely caused by low brake fluid.
- Is your dashboard brake light on?
- Are there clear signs of brake fluid leakage beneath your vehicle? This spot will be clear to brown in color, and it’ll be slick.
- You can also check your owner’s manual for the placement of your brake fluid reservoir under the hood. You can check your fluid levels there.
If it’s time to have the brake fluid flushed on your Nissan, head on over to Downey Nissan.
Unsure when your last brake fluid exchange service was or if your vehicle is due for service? Our expert Service Advisors can help! Call us at 888-483-6228, schedule an appointment, or stop by our service drive open 7 days a week.
Brake Fluid Exchange Service Schedule
As a standard rule, you should change your brake fluid every one to two years, but every vehicle has its own unique service requirements and recommended maintenance schedule. You can find your Nissan’s recommended service point in your owner’s manual.
When you’re ready to bring your Nissan in for brake fluid service, come to Downey Nissan. We offer the best Nissan service in the Downey area, regularly providing service to drivers from Los Angeles, Norwalk, Lynwood, Cerritos, South Gate, Huntington Park, and Bellflower.
Our Certified Nissan Technicians are always kept up to date on the latest Nissan standards and the most recent service protocols for your Nissan’s make and model. When you come to our expert team to have your brake fluid exchanged, we will restore your vehicle to exact factory specifications using the highest quality Nissan approved brake fluid. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, so you can trust us to get the job done right.
Don’t wait to get your brake fluid system serviced. Putting it off could lead to further damage or even brake system failure. This puts not only your vehicle but you and your loved ones at risk. Schedule an appointment today with Downey Nissan! You can book an appointment online, or call our service center to speak with a member of our team directly. We look forward to earning your business!
Downey Nissan Service Center Amenities
- Kids Play Area
- Complimentary Starbucks Coffee
- Complimentary Snacks
- Beautiful New Facility
- Luxiourus Waiting Lounge
- Vending Machine
- Certified Nissan Technicians
- Friendly and knowledgable Service Advisors
- Genuine OEM Nissan Parts
- Complimentary Shuttle Van*
- Complimentary Loaner Vehicles*
- Hot Tea